Applications are now open for CREACT4MED’s training academy for entrepreneurs within the cultural and creative industries (CCI). This free training course is designed to help entrepreneurs, startups and MSMEs navigate the high-risk early stages of business development and strengthen CCI businesses in the Mediterranean, ultimately contributing to sustainable economic development in the region.
The training programme will:
- Guide participants in creating a comprehensive business plan for their business, through learning modules and assessments on each section the of the plan;
- Explain business, legal, financial and marketing aspects of starting or running a successful CCI business;
- Provide participants with a comprehensive overview of the work processes of cultural and creative products and services, from an entrepreneurial perspective;
- Increase their understanding of dynamic strategies for navigating a highly competitive industry;
- Establish a regional network of cultural and creative players in the Mediterranean and Europe, to facilitate exchanges and cooperation between projects and participants; and
- Enhance employability and entrepreneurship prospects for young people and women.
The online course comprises 80 hours, to be completed within 13 weeks, combining both synchronous and asynchronous learning elements. A good command of English is essential, as part of the materials and sessions will be available only in English.
To be eligible to apply for the CREACT4MED training programme, you must:
- Be an MSME or startup owner, or creative entrepreneur active in the cultural and creative industries
- Be based or registered in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine or Tunisia
- Have a good command of English
Young people (under 35) and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Successful trainees will have access to the MED CCI HUB and the CREACT4MED Alumni Network, which offers networking opportunities, capacity building, enhanced visibility, and access to regional events and financial providers.
Furthermore, successful participants will have the opportunity to apply for a subgrant of up to €15,000 for their business venture.
For more information, including the course programme, learning outcomes, assessment methods and details on how to apply, please download the call brochure.
Application form: https://academy.ied.eu/course/creact4medeuproject
Deadline for applications: 12th November 2021