Are you a Business Support Organization, Foundation, Incubator, or NGO? Do you have an idea aimed at facilitating regional cooperation in the cultural and creative industries in the Southern Mediterranean?
Apply now to the CREACT4MED call for proposals to enhance regional cooperation in the cultural and creative industries!
CREACT4MED, an EU-funded project which aims to strengthen businesses within the cultural and creative industries (CCI), offers direct financial support to non-profit organizations or Business support organizations (BSOs) for the implementation of activities to promote and enhance regional cooperation between Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, and Tunisia.
Interested candidates are now invited to submit their proposals for the CREACT4MED sub-grant. Applicants must be a legal entity with promising ideas for boosting cooperation in the Southern Mediterranean.
Objectives of the call
The overall objective of this call is to identify, engage with and promote examples of Best Practice (BP) that have the potential to boost CCI entrepreneurship and enhance sustainable and inclusive growth in the Mediterranean region.
The specific objectives of the call are:
1. To Promote Cross-Border Networking and Partnerships: to foster collaboration and partnerships between creative and cultural industry stakeholders and businesses across different Southern Mediterranean regions.
2. To Stimulate Cultural and Creative Collaborations: to support and promote cultural and creative collaborations within the Southern Mediterranean, driving innovation and fostering a dynamic cultural exchange that transcends geographical boundaries.
3. Facilitate Internationalization of CCI Companies: to assist creative and cultural industry (CCI) companies in the Southern Mediterranean in expanding their reach internationally.
The expected maximum duration of funded activities is 3 months (including design and implementation) plus 1 month for reporting.
Support will be given to activities such as: Cross-Border Networking Events, Collaborative Workshops, Cultural Exchange Programs, International Exhibitions and Festivals, Capacity-Building programs (mentoring, coaching, workshops), etc.
A maximum of €7,500 each will be awarded to up to 10 NGOs, Business Support Organisations, or incubators across the target countries, in the form of reimbursement of 90% of costs incurred (hence a maximum grant amount of 6.750 EUR).
To be eligible for funding under this call applicants must:
- Be registered to the CREACT4MED Community Platform.
- Be a legal entity located and officially registered in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine or Tunisia and legally established at least 2 years before the application (before November 2021)
- Be non-profit making or a business support organization not making profit from this action.
- Be active in the cultural and creative industries & have experience supporting entrepreneurs, artists and other actors from the CCI.
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action, not acting as an intermediary.
- Have sufficient technical, financial and managerial capacity to absorb and manage an EU grant.
Registration to the CREACT4MED Community Platform is mandatory in order to apply to this call. A guide on how to register is included in the links below.
Interested candidates are invited to apply to this call by completing the following online application form and submitting the required documents using the templates available at https://creativemediterranean.org:
- Proposal Outline (Activity Plan & Financial Proposal)
- Signed declaration of honor on exclusion criteria and selection criteria
- De-minimis self-declaration
- Registration document(S)
a. Certificate of participation to a training/capacity building program relevant to the implementation of the proposal
b. Collaboration agreement(s) with other stakeholders
Applications must be completed by December 15th 2023.
Applications must be submitted in English, as the ability to communicate in English will be necessary in order to implement the funded projects.
Please read the Guidelines for Applicants below for important information on eligibility, deadlines, and instructions on how to apply.
CREACT4MED is an EU Project funded by the EuropeAid Programme and is focused on strengthening CCI businesses and job creation, giving support to entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs in particular, and targeting young people and women in the Southern Neighbourhood of the European Union.
Project full name: CReative Entrepreneurs ACTing FOR the future MEDiterranean
Grant agreement number: ENI/2019/412-505
Project website: https://creativemediterranean.org
Budget: 2,220,675 EUR – funded by the EU Commission (90%)
Timeline of implementation: 1st March 2020 – 31st August 2024
Project coordinator: Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA)
CREACT4MED mission and goals:
- Boost CCI businesses and entrepreneurship in the Southern Mediterranean, increasing the capacity of CCI to attract investment, create jobs and foster inclusive economic growth.
- Empower current and potential entrepreneurs, in particular young people and women, to start or grow CCI businesses through tailored training and financing opportunities.
- Establish a regional CCI hub to bring together actors from North Africa, the Middle East and Europe, strengthening networking, exchanges and cooperation in the sector across the Mediterranean.
- Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) (Coordinator)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (iED)
- European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)
- Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED)
- Redstart Tunisia